Here is a spicy veggie to enjoy. Baby corn would be another favorite of mine. Can be prepared during parties, special occasions etc. The mix of corn with mutter (peas) makes it even tastier.
Enjoy this tasty veggie with friends and family.
Baby Corn – 10- 12
Green Peas (Mutter) – 1 ½ cup shelled
Onion (sliced and separated)- 1 large size
Cashew nuts – ½ cup
Garam Masala – 1 tablespoon
Tomato Ketchup – ½ cup
Red chili Powder – 1 tablespoon
Salt – to taste
Oil – 4 tablespoons
Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
Butter – 1 teaspoon
- In a pan deep fry the onions till brown in color by continuously stirring it. Keep it aside to cool down.
- Ground the cashew nuts while adding some water to make a paste.
- Ground the fried onions along with 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons water.
- Wash and cut the baby corns into small circular shape and boil it along with the green peas in some water for 5 minutes till tender.
- In a pan heat the remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Add ginger garlic paste, butter, fried onion paste and sauté till the oil starts separating from the sides.
- Now add the baby corn and green peas. Also add the cashew nut paste and tomato ketchup. Add water according to the consistency required.
- Now add the garam masala, red chili powder and salt. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rotis, naan, chapattis, etc.
Use de-skinned, unroasted and unsalted cashew nuts.
You can also add some Paneer (cottage cheese) pieces for richer taste.