Hiiiii everyone. Amazing feeling to post something after a long time. WOW, it’s been so long I have posted anything. Such a long time. I have lost the count of it. But’s it’s good to be back. For sure. How are you all, hope you fine and enjoying cooking and blogging. Love to all and miss blogging so much.
Beetroot, I haven’t really thought about it a a veggie until recently. I always loved it as a salad or raita or even just as it is, ofcourse boiled ;). Some days I was so bored cooking the same style vegetables and wanted to cook something different. Being a holiday I had time to try out something different. This red yummy dish was one of the recipes I tried that day. I always knew such was prepared regularly in the south of India and decided to give a try. Tadaaa so here it is.
Beetroot – 4 medium sized
Urad daal – 1/2 tea spoon
Jeera or cumin seeds – 1 tea spoon
Oil – 1/2 tea spoonn
Curry leaves – 5/6
Green chillies – 3 finely chopped
Garam masala – 1/2 tea spoon
Freshly grated coconut – 2.3 table spoon
Salt to taste
Coriander for garnishing
- Cook the beetroot in pressure cooker until soft. Keep it to cool.
- Peel away the skin and cut the beetroot into small cubes.
- Heat oi in a pan, add cumin seeds, urad daal, curry leaves and chilies.
- Saute for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add beetroot, salt, garam masala and mix well.
- Cover and cook for around 5 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with freshly grated coconut and coriander.
- Serve hot with chappatis
This requires very less oil, so excellent in health terms.
Increase or decrease the amount of chilies per your taste.
It’s okay if you do not find urad daal.