I started a busy weekday today. Lot of work to be done. Had no clue what to prepare for breakfast. Took a strategic timeout (IPL fever..what to do ) Gave a push to my brain cells. I had besan in my kitchen. We generally prepare marathi style pancakes with besan and rice flour. So tried this combination using potato topping. Within minutes this tasty dish was ready. Had a great morning with tummy full.
So try this and hope you all like it.
Besan / Chickpea Flour – ¾ cup
Ginger-garlic chili paste – ½ teaspoon
Asafoetida / Hing – a pinch
Fruit Salt / Soda bicarb – ½ teaspoon
Sugar – ¼ teaspoon
Salt – to taste
Oil – 2 -3 teaspoon
Boiled Potato – 1 medium sized
Chaat masala – ¼ teaspoon
Chopped Coriander – 2 teaspoons
- Combine the besan, ginger garlic and chili paste, sugar, salt and asafetida. Add enough water to make a thick batter. Add the fruit salt or soda bi – carb and mix gently.
- Peel and mash the boiled potato. Add the chaat masala and chopped coriander and mix well.
- Heat a non stick tava, pour a ladleful of batter and spread it evenly to make a thin pancake.
- Sprinkle a little topping mixture and cook over a medium flame. Pour a little oil. Cook on both sides.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
You may use moong dal flour instead of besan flour along with some rice flour also.
Try making different toppings of your choice using colorful veggies.