It’s one of my favorite breakfasts and snacks. I love bread, and this is a lovely dish. Not very spicy and with the mix of some tasty ingredients it does taste nice. You call it bread uppit, bread uppama, bread ka shira…it doesn’t matter. This is also my choice for lunch or dinner when am really bored and I want a change. And it surely works !!
So have a go at it and am sure you will (if not yet) become a fan of this yummy dish.
Sending this to the JFI- Breakfast event hosted by Suma and thanks to Indira for starting this Jihva event and the CFK- Filling breakfast event hosted by Bhagyashri of Taste buds originally started by Sharmi of Neivedyam.
Wheat bread packet – 1
Onion – 2 medium sized
Peanuts – ¼ cup
Green chilies (chopped) – 2 -3
Curry leaves – 5-6
Asafoetida – ½ teaspoon
Oil – 4 -5 teaspoons
Salt – to taste
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Lemon juice – 1 ½ teaspoon
Corinader springs (chopped) – 2 tablespoons
- Using your finger tips crumble the bread slices.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add the mustard seeds and let it splutter. Add turmeric powder, asafoetida, green chilies, curry leaves and chopped onions.
- Add the peanuts after 2 mins of adding chopped onion. Sauté on medium flame till the onion becomes transparent and the peanuts become little brown in color.
- Now add the crumbled bread, salt, sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix well and cook for next 5 minutes on a medium flame.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and serve hot.
You may add tomatoes instead of lemon juice.