Cakes are very popular all over the world as one of the best choices as desserts for meals specially functions and festivals. Usually when a cake is baked, it is decorated with “hundreds and thousands” or “jimmies” (toppings). Once the cake is decorated with frostings and toppings its one delicious devil you can’t keep away from.
Enjoy this devil’s own sinful recipe
Unsalted butter (melted and cooled) – 50 gms
Refined Flour (Maida) – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 1 tspn
Sugar – ¾ cup
Eggs (at room temperature) – 4 large
Vanilla Essence – 1 ½ tspns
For Frosting –
Chocolate Compound (cut into small pieces) – 2 cups
Milk (piping hot) – 3- 4 tbspns.
- Sieve the refined flour and baking powder together for 2-3 times.
- In a pan mix refined flour, sugar and eggs and beat for 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla essence, butter and fold the mixture.
- Grease an 8 inch x 7 inch, 3 inches in depth cake tin. Fill the mixture.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees, both coils for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep this tin in the middle rack and after 4-5 minutes turn off the top coils.
- Bake the cake for 15-20 minutes or when you insert a tooth pick it comes out clean.
- Transfer the cake on a cooling rack and let it cool for half an hour.
- Fill a big sauce pan half with water and bring it to boil. Keep it on low flame.
- In another small vessel take the chocolate compound pieces and keep this vessel over the boiling water with a lid on. This method is called Double boiler.
- After 4-5 minutes the compound in the small vessel will melt. Add milk and stir rapidly. See to it that no lumps are formed.
- Now cut the cooled cake horizontally in two halves i.e. you will get to squares of the cake.
- Now on the bottom layer spread the chocolate mixture evenly. Keep the other half over it and spread the remaining chocolate mixture. Spread it evenly with a flat spatula.
- Refrigerate and serve by sprinkling shaved chocolate over it.
How to fold a cake – With a rubber spatula cut down vertically through the mixture and in a clock-wise direction sweep across the bottom, up to the nearest side of the bowl, and over the top of the mixture (like a swirling action).
To fold always use a rubber spatula.
Do not over fold the mixture or you cake might not become fluffy.