Fried veggies always make my mouth water and this one is not an exception. I am not so friendly with capsicum, but this recipe and its presence in sandwich, pizza makes it a good friend of mine .
This is another quickie from me. I add a little chick pea flour because it adds some taste to the veggie (completely personal)!! Hope you enjoy this one.
Green Capsicum – 4 medium sized
Potatoes – 3 medium sized
Chick pea flour (besan) – 4 tablespoons
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric – ½ teaspoon
Asafoetida – ½ teaspoon
Red chili powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
Sugar – ½ teaspoon
Salt – to taste
- Wash, deseed and finely chop the capsicum.
- Peel, wash and thinly slice the potatoes.
- In a pan heat the oil and add the mustard and cumin seeds. Once they crackle add the turmeric powder and asafoetida.
- Add the capsicum and potato and sauté well. Cook it for 4-5 minutes on low flame with lid on.
- Remove the lid and add the salt, sugar and red chili powder and give it nice stir.
- Sprinkle the chick pea flour and sauté well.
- Cook again for 3-4 minutes with lid on low flame.
- Serve hot with rotis.
You may exclude the sugar.