A very exciting moment!! I completed 100 posts when I posted the last one. Unfortunately I was very busy and could not mention anything about it. But better late than never. I would like to share this moment with every one of you. This is because of your love and continuous support that this has been possible. I thank each one of you for this.
It had been long time that I actually read all my mails and replies properly because I had been too busy in Mumbai. Now that I am back I saw the replies on posts and my happiness doubled when I saw that Devi from Fresher’s Cook Book and Jyoti from The Veggie Hut shared some awards with me. Thanks so much Devi and Jyoti!! I would like these awards with Siddhi, Jagruti, Rohini, Dipti, PJ, Priya and Sayantani!!
This is something that just came out of mind. Had apples and strawberries ready and thought of mixing both together and this is the result. Hope you all like this!! It’s a treat from me to myself for the 100th post. I wish I could share it with all of you.
Red Apple – 1
Strawberries – 4
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
Milk – 1 cup
- Wash and peel the apple. Deseed and cut into quarter.
- Wash and dry the strawberries and chop coarsely.
- Crush together the apple pieces and strawberries along with sugar and milk in a smoothie maker.
- Serve chilled with chopped strawberry pieces on top of it.
You may try this shake with golden or green apples.
You may also garnish some pomegranate seeds.
Sitting home last evening after a spicy dinner I deserved (or desired ;)) something very yummy and sweet that could be a great end to the day. So I prepared this quick and simple sweet delicacy which turned out amazing. I referred to couple of books and blogs mixed and matched couple of ingredients and vallah..Rum truffles were born ;).
A very few remain the refrigerator now!! This took me around half an hour only, so go for it and make these sweetums..
Plain chocolate – 150 gms
Butter – 2 tablespoons
Rum/ Rum essence – 2 tablespoons
Shredded coconut – 50 gms
Cake crumbs – 100 gms
Icing sugar – 7 tablespoons
Cocoa powder – to roll the truffles
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl with the butter.
- Set the bowl over a sauce pan of simmering water (double boiler method) and stir until melted and combined.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the rum. Stir in the shredded coconut, cake crumbs and two thirds of the icing sugar. Beat until combined. Add a little extra rum if the mixture is stiff.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place them on a butter paper. Chill until firm.
- Sieve the remaining icing sugar and cocoa powder onto 2 different large plates. Roll half of the truffles in the icing sugar until nicely coated and roll the remaining in the cocoa powder.
- Place the truffles to chill in the refrigerator.
You may use vanilla essence instead of rum essence or rum flavor.
Substitute rum with any other alcohol if preferred.
Anshika of Cooking pleasures, Renuka of Love of Cooking, and Jagruti of Joy of Cooking shared the first award with me. Have a look at their beautiful blogs. Devi of Fresher’s cook book has shared the second one . Again I must say she too has a yum blog . S of Art, Food and Travel Chronicles the third one . A great blog to visit. Neat space.
Thanks so much for these awards.
I would like to pass on these awards to :-
SE - Denufood
Parita -Parita’s Kitchen
Deepa – Hamaree Rasoi
Jyoti – Veggie Hut
Jayashree – Desifoodbytes
Shubha – Munch crunch and such
Jisha – Jisha’s Kitchen
Sheetal – Eats eats and eats
Ash – Konkani Foodie
I found this recipe on Pari’s Foodelicious blog. Had bookmarked it and planned to prepare. So here it is. Thanks Pari for sharing such a delicious and awesome dish. Me and my husband loveeeeeeeeed it. Had made it for today’s dinner. I used Red Leicester cheese due to which the cheese looks a bit orange in color. I didn’t have basil so skipped it. Also, she has used Fusili and I substituted it with Macaroni.
SE of Denufood has shared these wonderful awards!! Thanks so much!!
I wish I could share the Kreativ Blogger Award with everyone but the rules allow only 7. I would like to share these awards with my fellow bloggers:-
Kanchan of Kitchen Gossip
Sushma of Authentic Food Delights
Pari of Foodelicious
Malar of Kitchen Tantra
Ruchika of Ruchikacooks
Sheba of Art food and Travel Chronicles
Lu of Lululu at home
The above is not in any preferential order, I love all of you ;). I would love to share the beautiful blogger award with everyone. Feel free to pick it up from here.
Rules for accepting the Kreative Blogger award:
1) Thank the person giving the award
2) Copy the award to your blog
3) Place a link to their blog
4) Name 7 things people don’t know about you
5) Nominate 7 bloggers
6) Place a link to those bloggers
7) Leave a comment letting those bloggers know about the award
7 things people don’t know about me:-
1) My age well do I need to disclose that..nope
2) I personally do not like brinjals or egg plant.
3) Love the winter season. Cold is what is best for me
4) Mahablasheswar is one of my favorites places for a quick holiday.
5) Dark chocolates…yummmm.
6) I have a kid called Cuddle, he is one month old (he is a teddy ;)).
7) Novels, when am not cooking you will find me reading.