A very easy to make and a yummy sammy. Great break from the typical sandwiches that we usually have. A fantastic choice for brunch or snack!!
One dish your guests won’t stop asking for more. Go for it!!
Bread slices – 6
Onions (finely chopped) – 2 medium sized
Butter – 1 teaspoon
Cheese (grated) – 150 gms
Green chilies (finely chopped) – 2
Green capsicum (finely chopped) – 1 medium sized
Dried Red chili flakes – ¼ teaspoon
- In a pan, lightly sauté chopped onions and capsicum for 4-5 minutes.
- Mix all the other ingredients together except for the bread.
- Spread the cheese and vegetable mixture evenly over the bread slices.
- Pre- heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Set the oven to toast mode and then place the prepared slices onto the wire grill tray in the centre rack position.
- Toast the slices for 5 minutes or till golden brown.
- Serve hot with chili sauce or ketchup.
You may use different color capsicums for a colorful look.
Try different kinds of breads.
You may also add 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic for a different taste.