It had been a long time I had Chinese food. Pretty bored to go out and have as well. Going out in the Pune traffic in the evening for dinner is a killer thing. The rickshaws are pathetic and the traffic takes a toll on you, by the time you end up in the hotel you are so dead tired that you totally are out of mood to eat. My choice – prepare it myself !!
So here we go this is my take on my favorite Chinese food.
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Green chili paste – 1 teaspoon
Ginger paste – ½ teaspoon
Cabbage (shredded) – ½ cup
Carrot (finely chopped) – ¼ cup
French beans (finely chopped) –
Onion (sliced and separate every layer) -1/3 cup
Salt – to taste
Vinegar – ½ teaspoon
Dark Soya sauce – 2 teaspoon
Spring onion (finely chopped) – ½ cup
- Wash the rice thoroughly and soak it in 3 cups of water for 25- 30 minutes. In a big pan boil 8 cups of water along with 2 teaspoons of oil. Drain the soaked rice and gently pour it in the boiling water. Cook 100% on high flame without the lid. Once done, drain the rice in a colander and let it stand for 2 hours. Transfer in a bowl later and apply 2 tablespoons of oil and salt to it.
- In a heavy bottomed pan heat oil. Add garlic paste, green chili paste, ginger paste and sauté.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, French beans and onion. Add salt according to the vegetable quantity added. Sauté until its little cooked and not completely.
- Add the ready rice, vinegar, and soya sauce and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- In the end add spring onion and mix gently.
- Serve hot.
You may add capsicum if you like.