I always wonder whether the Nankhatai (an Indian biscuit) is some way related to these cookies, maternal paternal relations
Serves – 5
All purpose flour- 1 ¼ cup
Baking Powder- 1 tspn
Salt- ½ tspn
Chocolate chips- 150 gms
Brown Sugar- 6 tbspn
White Sugar- 3 tbspn
Unsalted butter (softened) -100 gms
Vanilla Essence- 1 tspn
- Sieve together the flour, salt and baking powder 2-3 times. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl beat the egg along with the vanilla essence.
- In another bowl mix together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and with a hand mixer mix it along with the egg and vanilla essence mixture. Beat till the sugar is properly dissolved.
- Add the flour mixture gradually till it forms a batter and take care no lumps are formed.
- Add the chocolate chips in to the batter and mix well with a spatula.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Centigrade.
- On a non greased cookie sheet or normal OTG tray evenly place small amount of this mixture with the help of a spoon. Press gently so it forms a cookie shape. Take care that enough space is left between each cookie.
- Place the tray in the middle and set the oven on both coils. Bake the cookies on 180° Centigrade for 10-15 minutes or till the cookies become golden in color.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Let the cookies remain on the tray for 5 minutes. Later transfer them on a wired rack for cooling.
- Enjoy the cookies!!
For baking any dish please follow the correct weights and measurements with measuring cups.
Using a wooden spatula will always help.
Store the cookies in an air tight jar.
While baking always use eggs at room temperature.
For weight watchers use castor sugar instead of white sugar.
My Personal Favorite, Cookies with milk!!