Argggghhhh!!! (Now that’s not how I intended to start this post !!! ) But this cold….Yes that devil is back. And all my senses are on a toss. Whatever I eat tastes like a piece of cardboard to me. The worst part is that you don’t even get those caring and sweet “awwws dear” and “what happened dear?” dialogues since its JUUUUUUUUUUST a COMMON COLD (the name itself says it all)!!
I HATE HATE HATE COLD (aaachhhooo!!! God Bless me !! :P). Anyway I don’t want to give anymore footage to this “thing”. So Girish prepared one of my favorite soups to soothe me and make me feel special (Although he too is thinking “why is she fussing so much on getting sardi”!! Yeah right dude.. ). Cream of mushroom is something that I would love to have any time and it’s a savior especially when you are under the weather. Bless you Mushroom !! So here’s what comforted me a little bit.
Cream of Mushroom Soup
Mushrooms – 6
Onion – ½ (finely chopped)
Thyme (dried) – ½ teaspoon
Garlic (minced) – 1 tablespoon
Butter – 1 ½ tablespoon
Flour – 2 ½ tablespoon
Salt – to taste
Milk – 2 cups
Cream – ½ cup
Pepper powder – to taste
- Clean the mushrooms thoroughly under running water. Chop roughly.
- In a saucepan add butter and garlic.
- Then add the onions and sweat it on low flame.
- Add the chopped mushrooms to it and sauté on a low flame.
- Once the mushrooms and onions are cooked add the flour and mix well for about 5-8 minutes by stirring continuously.
- Then add milk and cream while continuously stirring.
- Crush the dried thyme with your palms and add it to the mix. Add salt.
- Serve hot with garlic bread garnished with pepper powder.
I used wheat flour to the soup. You may use all purpose flour (maida) if you like. I prefer wheat though!!!
You may add water to the soup to adjust the consistency but make sure it is not too runny. Mushroom soup is generally viscous.