This is a very tasty recipe to include nearly all the fruits available at your local fruit vendor. Very less in artificial sweetening as the natural sweetness of the fruits gives it a yummy taste. The custard will also add a sweet flavor to the recipe.
A power packed dessert to give a your dose of fructose. A recipe you can have anytime and any day without worry of the sugar. A great way to make the kids eat all the fruits.
Milk – 500ml
Custard powder – 2 tablespoons
Sugar – 4 tablespoons
Bananas – 2
Sapodilla (Chikoo) – 2
Apples – 2
Pomegranate (shelled) – ½ cup
Sweet Lime (peeled) – 1
Orange (peeled) – 1
Pineapple (tinned) – 2 rings
Strawberries – 4 – 5
- Keep aside half bowl milk from the 500ml. In this mix the custard powder finely so that no lumps are formed.
- Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan along with the sugar on a low flame. Bring it to boil.
- Now after the milk boils add the custard powder mixture while continuously stirring the milk.
- Keep stirring and then keep aside to cool it in the refrigerator. It will thicken gradually.
- Cut all the fruits in desired shapes and sizes and transfer in a bowl.
- Now pour the cooled, thickened and chilled custard over the fruits.
- Mix gently. Serve chilled.
You can use any type of fruits you like.
I have used strawberry flavored custard powder since I couldn’t find any strawberries .
There are different flavored custard powders like vanilla, strawberry, raspberry, mango, etc available in the market. Try any of them for a fruitier flavor.