One of my favorite sandwiches ever. You will find variety of recipes for this all over the world, but this one is my way of preparing one. This doesn’t have a very spicy taste to it or not a exact bland, but due to the mixture of spinach and corn it gives a very soothing feeling even with the first bite. It’s very easy to digest and quick to prepare.
One sandwichy way to make the kids eat spinach
Bread slices – 4
Spinach leaves – 7- 8
Sweet corn kernels (boiled) – ¼ cup
Mashed Potato – ¼ cup
Butter – 1 tablespoon
Cheese slices -2
Salt – to taste
- Wash the spinach leaves properly in running water.
- Now blanch the spinach leaves in boiling water for 3- 4 minutes. Remove it from the boiling water and dip it in cold water to retain the green color of the leaves.
- Drain out the excess water from the spinach leaves and chop them finely.
- Mix the chopped spinach leaves, boiled sweet corn kernels and mashed potato together along with some salt.
- Butter the bread slices and fill the above mixture in to the bread.
- Place one cheese slice and cover the sandwich with another bread slice.
- Grill or toast this sandwich and serve hot with ketchup.
You can always play around with different types of breads.
For guilt free eating exclude the cheese .