Kande Poha is one the most common breakfast in the Western and some parts of South India. It can be served as snacks or even a one dish meal to get change out of the typical routine. Kande pohe is a very tasty and easy to prepare dish loved by people of all the ages.
One of my favorites and I hope you all will love it as well.
Serves – 2
Thick poha – 3 cups
Onions (finely chopped) – 2 medium sizes
Green chilies (chopped) – 3
Curry leaves – 6-7
Roasted peanuts (optional) – ¼ cup
Oil – 3 tbspns
Turmeric Powder – ½ tspn
Salt – to taste
Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
Asafoetida – ¼ tspn
Lemon juice – 1 tbspn
Fresh coriander springs – to garnish
Desiccated coconut (optional) – 2 tbspn
- Wash the poha thoroughly. Keep in a strainer so that excess water is drained out.
- Heat oil in a kadhai (wok). Add mustard seeds, asafetida, and turmeric powder.
- Add the chilies, onion, and peanuts. Stir fry on medium flame for 3- 4 minutes.
- Add the poha and salt. Mix well and cook with lid on low flame for 4 -5 minutes.
- Add lemon jucie. Mix well, garnish with chopped coriander springs and desiccated coconut and serve hot.
You can also add ¼ cup finely chopped tomato instead of lemon juice. Add this tomato along with the onions and follow the remaining procedure without adding the lemon juice.