Palak Paneer is spinach curry. Dhabas, or Indo / Pak street restaurants specialize in Palak Paneer. A very popular dish among people. Spinach usually not liked by many but when served with paneer loved by all. A very simple and easy to make recipe.
Serves – 3
Spinach (Palak) – 1 bunch
Paneer ( cottage cheese) – 150gms
Onion minced – 1 medium
Tomato finely chopped – 1 medium
Garam masala- 2 tspn
Fresh cream (whisked) – 1 cup
Oil- 2 ½ tbspn
Cumin Powder – 1tspn
Coriander Powder – 1tspn
Green chilies – 3
Amchur Powder (Dry mango powder) – 2 tspn
Salt – as per taste
- Remove the stems and wash the spinach leaves properly.
- Boil water in a pan and add salt to it. Blanch spinach in it for 2-3 minutes. Remove the leaves from the boiling water and dip it in cold water.
- Grind the spinach along with the green chilies.
- Cut Paneer into desired size.
- In a pan heat oil and add the minced onion. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomato and sauté till the tomato and the onion is nicely cooked.
- Now add the grounded spinach to it and cook well. Check the consistency. Add water if required.
- Add salt, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, amchur powder to it. Cook the spinach.
- Now add whisked fresh cream to it.
- When the spinach is cooked and comes to a boil, add the paneer pieces and mix gently. Serve with hot chapattis/ naan.
You can fry the paneer pieces before adding it to the spinach gravy.
After the spinach leaves are blanched always use cold water so that the green color of the spinach is retained.
Instead of amchur powder lemon juice can be used.