One of our close friends has always been telling me to prepare this dish since ages. Some how it never happened and I kept preparing other dishes. Today I made it a point to prepare paneer tikka and when it was done I gave him a call.
I also prepared this keeping in mind that not everyone would have an oven or a barbeque. This is entirely made on gas so that anyone can prepare this.
So here we have an all time loved, savoured starter, just by the name of which you keep drooling over it and you just cant resist it no matter what!! ( I know the photos could have come much better..)
Paneer / Cottage cheese – 200 gms
Green Capsicum – 1 large sized
Tomato – 1 large sized
Onion – 1 large sized
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
Tomato Ketchup – 2 teaspoons
Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Plain curds – ¼ cup
Cumin Powder – ¼ teaspoon
Ginger paste – ¼ teaspoon
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
Salt – to taste.
- Cut the capsicum, tomato, onion and paneer in to 1 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together thoroughly.
- Add the vegetables and paneer and mix gently.
- In a non stick pan transfer everything except for the tomatoes and fry until the marinade is totally absorbed by the veggies and the paneer.
- Skewer the vegetables with paneer alternately on the skewers.
- Hold it on a high gas flame and add a little amount of butter just before roasting it.
- Roast it till the edges are nicely done.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Do not fry tomatoes as they will be cooked and will become tender.
You may also grill this dish on a barbeque tray, by placing the skewers on the top rack position in the oven at 200 degrees centigrade on broil mode. Turn the skewers occasionally. Place a drip tray below.