Another amazing Pasta recipe. Quick to prepare and amazingly tasty. This is a very Indian styled pasta. Spicy and tasty due to the spices added in it.
Onions (coarsely chopped) – 2 medium sized
Tomatoes (coarsely chopped) – 2 medium sized
Capsicum (chopped) – 1 small size
Garlic (chopped) – 3- 4 cloves
Tomato ketchup – 1 cup
Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
Green chilies (finely chopped) – 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds (coarsely grounded) – 1 teaspoon
Pepper powder – 1 tablespoon
Basil leaves (finely chopped) – 2 -3
Salt – to taste
Penne Pasta packet – 100 gms
- In a pan of boiling water lower the penne pasta and cook for the required time (10 minutes approximately) till al- dente. Al- dente is firm to the tooth and not too soggy.
- Add oil and salt to it. Drain the excess water using a colander and run cold water over it and apply a tablespoon of cooking oil gently to the pasta so that it doesn’t stick to each other.
- In another pan heat the oil, add chopped onions, chopped garlic and sauté for a while.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, chopped capsicum, chopped basil leaves, green chilies, grounded cumin seeds, pepper powder, salt and sauté for sometime. Now add the tomato ketchup and cook until the tomatoes are soft and the capsicum is cooked.
- Now while serving place the penne pasta in a plate or bowl and pour the sauce over it.
You may use spaghetti instead of Penne or any other shape of pasta of your choice.