To follow up my earlier post here I am with a new recipe which is very easy to prepare. Italian food has always been my favourite. When you think of Italian cuisine, two things come to our mind. Pizza and pasta, out of which pasta has always been my favourite. It’s comforting and there are loads of options in which pasta can be prepared. Also it comes in variety of shapes, which many a times makes it more interesting ;). Pesto sauce and pasta is a match made in Italian kitchens (and they are heavenly). No two thoughts about it!!
We are chefs and cooking is what we love, so happy Valentine’s Day guys!!
This is my take on one of the most loved combinations on this day of love.
Pasta (any shape) – 200 gms
Parmesan cheese (grated) – to garnish
Pesto Sauce Ingredients:
Basil leaves – ¼ cup
Pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
Olive oil- 2 tablespoon
Garlic cloves – 5
Pine nuts – 2 tablespoons
Parmesan cheese – 2-3 tablespoon
Water – ¼ cup
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions on the packet.
- Finely grind all the ingredients mentioned under the pesto sauce ingredients using a mixer.
- Gently rub this pesto sauce to the cooked pasta so that it coats the pasta.
- In a big vessel heat 2 teaspoons of butter and gently sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
- Use walnuts if pine nuts are not easily available.
- You may use any flavourless vegetable oil instead of olive oil.
- Although parmesan is a vital ingredient in the pesto sauce, you may substitute it by using 2-3 tablespoons of cheese spread.