Pizza Sauce is a very important ingredient in pizza making. There are many varieties of pizza sauces available in the market. Pizza sauce gives the pizza a unifying flavor and taste.
Here is my recipe for this ingredient without which even the best pizzas are never complete.
Red tomatoes – 8 large sized
Oil – 2 tbspns
Butter – 50 gms
Garlic paste – 1 tbspn
Dried red chili flakes – 2 tbspns
Green chili paste – 1 tbspn
Onion (finely chopped) – ½ cup
Tomato ketchup – ½ cup
Salt- 1 tspn
Oregano – 2 tspns
Red chili powder – ½ tspn
Granulated sugar – 2 tbspns
- Boil the tomatoes in a pan till the skin cracks. After they are cooled peel and deseed the tomatoes. Grind them to a puree.
- In a non-stick pan/ sauce pan, boil this puree for 7- 8 minutes.
- In another pan heat oil, butter together.
- Add the garlic paste, chili flakes, green chili paste, and onion. Sauté it well for 4- 5 minutes.
- Add the above mentioned tomato puree and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato ketchup, salt, oregano, red chili powder, and granulated sugar. Cook for 3- 4 minutes.
- Use this sauce on pizza base or for making bread mini pizzas.
This sauce can be stored in freezer for 2 months if stored in an air- tight jar.
It can be eaten as a bread spread like butter or cheese.