Sitting home last evening after a spicy dinner I deserved (or desired ;)) something very yummy and sweet that could be a great end to the day. So I prepared this quick and simple sweet delicacy which turned out amazing. I referred to couple of books and blogs mixed and matched couple of ingredients and vallah..Rum truffles were born ;).
A very few remain the refrigerator now!! This took me around half an hour only, so go for it and make these sweetums..
Plain chocolate – 150 gms
Butter – 2 tablespoons
Rum/ Rum essence – 2 tablespoons
Shredded coconut – 50 gms
Cake crumbs – 100 gms
Icing sugar – 7 tablespoons
Cocoa powder – to roll the truffles
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl with the butter.
- Set the bowl over a sauce pan of simmering water (double boiler method) and stir until melted and combined.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the rum. Stir in the shredded coconut, cake crumbs and two thirds of the icing sugar. Beat until combined. Add a little extra rum if the mixture is stiff.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place them on a butter paper. Chill until firm.
- Sieve the remaining icing sugar and cocoa powder onto 2 different large plates. Roll half of the truffles in the icing sugar until nicely coated and roll the remaining in the cocoa powder.
- Place the truffles to chill in the refrigerator.
You may use vanilla essence instead of rum essence or rum flavor.
Substitute rum with any other alcohol if preferred.
Anshika of Cooking pleasures, Renuka of Love of Cooking, and Jagruti of Joy of Cooking shared the first award with me. Have a look at their beautiful blogs. Devi of Fresher’s cook book has shared the second one . Again I must say she too has a yum blog . S of Art, Food and Travel Chronicles the third one . A great blog to visit. Neat space.
Thanks so much for these awards.
I would like to pass on these awards to :-
SE - Denufood
Parita -Parita’s Kitchen
Deepa – Hamaree Rasoi
Jyoti – Veggie Hut
Jayashree – Desifoodbytes
Shubha – Munch crunch and such
Jisha – Jisha’s Kitchen
Sheetal – Eats eats and eats
Ash – Konkani Foodie