Back to blogging after all the festivities of Ganapati. I must confess I have had loads of sweets, especially modaks. Not that I am complaining but one tends to get other cravings too. So back to savory cooking!!
Sometimes there are days when I spend more time in the kitchen than I usually do and I end up making tiny bit of snacks to gobble up every now and then. There was lunch, there was gharge i.e. sweet pumpkin puris (again sweet!!!) and yet I wanted to make something for the evening snack. I usually have mushrooms in the refrigerator and saw a green bell pepper next to it. So what can be done with these things. Think think..
Actually without thinking much I started cooking what came to my mind which would need minimum efforts. And here it was. Girish and I actually ate it off the pan. Couldn’t wait any longer. Hope you guys like it too just like we did!!
Button Mushrooms – 15-18
Green Bell Pepper/ Capsicum – 1 finely sliced
Ching’s Secret Dark Soy Sauce – 1 ½ tablespoons
Ching’s Secret Green Chili Sauce – 1 ½ teaspoons
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Garlic (finely chopped) – 1 ½ tablespoons
Salt- to taste
- Roughly slice the mushrooms vertically.
- In a fry pan heat 1 tablespoon oil and add ¾ tablespoon finely chopped garlic.
- Sauté the garlic for a minute and then add the sliced mushrooms.
- Sauté the mushrooms on high heat till it starts leaving water. Strain the water and transfer the mushroom-garlic mixture back to the pan.
- On medium heat stir fry the mushrooms till they have dried up but not charred.
- Meanwhile in another frying pan add the remaining oil and garlic and stir for a minute. Add the sliced green bell pepper. Keep stirring in between.
- Till the mushrooms are ready the bell pepper slices should be done.
- Now add green chili sauce and soy sauce to the mushroom pan. Add a little salt and mix well. Stir this on a medium flame.
- Add the sautéed green bell pepper slices to the above mixture and turn off the gas.
- Mix well and serve hot.
- Always taste the mixture before adding salt, since soy sauce has good amount of salt in it. Sometimes it may not be necessary to add any.
- Even if the mushrooms sweat a lot, do not panic. It happens to be that mushrooms have lot of water and they tend to release it. Just strain the water and you are good to go.
- You may also add any other colored bell peppers.