I know this is the 100th nth time I am apologizing for being super absent on the blogging circle. The reason is the same, and I know I have to find out time, for blogospehere is my second home with all you lovely people as my family. I start by posting the most beloved recipe and solemnly swear that I atleast post 2 recipes a week and visit every one of you as much as possible. In case I fail to do so, feel free to kick my b@%%… oh well butt
Aloo paratha is one the dishes I cant get enough of. Its one of the favorite dishes of everyone I know and I am sure you will agree too. No one can resist this. I am quite surprised that I did not post this yet. How could I ????????? Well, better late than never. So here it is. An awesome dish from great Punjabi cuisine. My favorite Aloo da paratha…..Sending this to Only Kid’s Delight by Pari of Foodelicious.
For the filling –
Boiled potatoes – 3 large
Ginger – ½ inch
Garlic – 3-4 cloves
Green chilies – 2
Coriander springs – ¼ cup
Turmeric – ¼ teaspoon
Salt – according to taste
Cooking oil – to smear
For the outer dough –
Wheat flour – 2 cups
Salt – ¼ teaspoon
Oil – 2-3 teaspoons
Water – ¾ cup
- Prepare the chapatti dough by mixing the dough ingredients. Keep aside.
- Grind the ginger, garlic, green chilies and coriander springs together.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them. Mix the grounded ginger garlic paste. Add the salt, turmeric and mix well.
- Heat a tava on a medium heat.
- Divide the dough and the filling in equal parts.
- Roll out the dough ball in to small disk and fill in the filling ball into it and enclose the dough disc around it. See to it that all the filling is covered with the dough disc.
- Now gently flatten this stuffed ball with a rolling pin. Use dry flour when necessary. It should not be too thin.
- Place the rolled parathas on the hot tava and smear some oil along the sides of the paratha. Cook from both the sides until its golden brown in color.
- Serve with curds, pickle and with a blob of butter.
You may also add ½ cup finely chopped onion in the filling batter.