Todays guest blogger is Kanchan from Personal Tadka. (Personally i like the name Kitchen Gossip. Had voted for that too..)
For her introduction check here.
When Deepa mentioned about Guest Post couple of months ago, I jumped with joy with “WOW I can do a guest post; Life is Great!!” (Yeah such petty small things about my blog give me pride). So Special Thanks to Deepa for this lovely opportunity.It took me two months to decide what can qualify for a guest post.
I and Deepa belong to same culinary culture – Maharastrian cuisine, so wanted to post something different yet reliable – can’t dare experimenting for my first guest post. So other Indian cuisine that I’ve been familiar for more than a year –is Marwadi cuisine. Me and The Foodie belong to this nuclear family structure, so my one and only trustworthy source of inspiration for Marwadi recipes is The Foodie himself (!!!) and yeah obviously I can’t allow him to steal the thunder for my First Guest Post (I’m cruel that way :D)
So I preferred backing on this wonderful book by Sanjeev Kapoor on Marwadi cooking. Whoever has eaten even a single dish know the basic fact of Marwadis – no food is completed without whole lot of Oil or Ghee – I went for the Oil and this Deep Fried Recipe – . It’s supposed to be starter-appetizer but it’s more than filling in itself.
- Large Chillies\ Long Pepper: around 6
- Potatoes: 2 large- Boiled and Mashed
- Gram Flour: 1 cup
- Baking Powder: pinch
- Asafoetida: pinch
- Red Chilli Powder: 1 tsp
- Salt to tase
- Oil: Deep Frying + 1 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds: ½ tsp
- Garlic: 4-5 cloves
- Turmeric Pwder: ½ tsp
- Mix the stuffs in Blue with about 1 cup of water to make a smooth batter. Set aside for ten minutes.
- Filling- Heat 1tsp of Oil – add mustard seeds follow with garlic. Let them splutter till fragrant.
- Add turmeric powder + mashed potatoes + salt – Mix well. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Divide into 6 equal parts and stuff each chilli with a portion of filling.
- Heat oil in Kadai for frying. Dip the chillies in the batter and deep fry till golden and crisp.
Happy Cooking and Posting about it !!
Thanks Deepa !! Loved jotting this, looking forward for the post
Thanks so much Kanchan for this very very tasty snack, perfect to go for this weather. Sorry for the delay again.
If you wish to have yourself featured as a guest blogger send me an email. It can contain anything you wish to put in and share with all of us (not necessarily cooking related) your experiences in life, funny moments, etc. You can have a look at the earlier guest posts to have an idea.
Please email me your entries at – deepa[dot]godbole[at]gmail[dot]com (please replace the symbols where necessary)
New posts are welcome. Pass on the word to everyone who wants to be a part of this guest blog series.