Last week I wanted to eat something different and healthy. A recipe which I had never tried to prepare. I always had stir fry in my mind, yet never prepared it. It was a perfect day to go ahead and cook. It’s quite simple and fast to cook. So I headed out and bought some awesome looking exotic veggies. Within no time I had them cut, cooked and plated : ready to eat.
It’s very healthy and I have planned to cook it every week. So go ahead and enjoy this tasty yet healthy recipe.
Broccoli – 1 cup florets, blanched
Red & yellow bell pepper and green capsicum – 1 piece each, cut into 1 inch square
Baby corn – 1 cup, sliced and blanched
Butter – 1 table spoon
Garlic – 1 table spoon, finely chopped
Italian seasoning – 1 tea spoon
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add finely chopped garlic, sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add all the veggies and give it a nice stir.
- Cover it with a lid for about 3-4 minutes and just before serving add the Italian seasoning.
- You can add zucchini, mushrooms.
- For garnishing you can you lettuce.
- Oh and did I miss mentioning, we had some too good, roasted garlic bread with it. Yummy.
Hiiiii everyone. Amazing feeling to post something after a long time. WOW, it’s been so long I have posted anything. Such a long time. I have lost the count of it. But’s it’s good to be back. For sure. How are you all, hope you fine and enjoying cooking and blogging. Love to all and miss blogging so much.
Beetroot, I haven’t really thought about it a a veggie until recently. I always loved it as a salad or raita or even just as it is, ofcourse boiled ;). Some days I was so bored cooking the same style vegetables and wanted to cook something different. Being a holiday I had time to try out something different. This red yummy dish was one of the recipes I tried that day. I always knew such was prepared regularly in the south of India and decided to give a try. Tadaaa so here it is.
Beetroot – 4 medium sized
Urad daal – 1/2 tea spoon
Jeera or cumin seeds – 1 tea spoon
Oil – 1/2 tea spoonn
Curry leaves – 5/6
Green chillies – 3 finely chopped
Garam masala – 1/2 tea spoon
Freshly grated coconut – 2.3 table spoon
Salt to taste
Coriander for garnishing
- Cook the beetroot in pressure cooker until soft. Keep it to cool.
- Peel away the skin and cut the beetroot into small cubes.
- Heat oi in a pan, add cumin seeds, urad daal, curry leaves and chilies.
- Saute for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add beetroot, salt, garam masala and mix well.
- Cover and cook for around 5 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish with freshly grated coconut and coriander.
- Serve hot with chappatis
This requires very less oil, so excellent in health terms.
Increase or decrease the amount of chilies per your taste.
It’s okay if you do not find urad daal.