Mixed Vegetable rice is another variety of rice preparation. This particular variety is a bit towards the spicy side and can be consumed as a one meal dish.
Enjoy this hot and spicy recipe!! Another personal favorite.
Rice – 1 ½ cup
Onion (sliced) – 3 medium sized
Tomatoes (pureed) – 2 small sized
Tomato Ketchup – ½ cup
Cottage Cheese/ Paneer (cubed) – ½ cup
Cauliflower florets – 1 cup
Potatoes – 2 medium sized
Green Peas (shelled) – 1 cup
Sweet Corn Kernels – ½ cup
Oil – 4 tablespoons
Turmeric – ½ teaspoon
Red chili powder – 1 teaspoon
Green chili – 3
Coriander leaves- ½ cup
Mint leaves – ¼ cup
Yoghurt/ Curds (whisked) – ½ cup
Garam masala – 3 tbspns
Water – 4 cups
Salt- to taste
- Wash rice twice and soak in water for half an hour. Later drain the water.
- In a pan take water and cook the rice along with some salt till almost done but do not cook completely. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Ground the green chilies, coriander and mint leaves together to form a paste. This will be our green masala.
- Peel, wash the potatoes and cut into french fries shape.
- In another deep ands bigger pan heat oil and sauté the onions. Add the turmeric and red chili powder, mix well.
- Add the cauliflower florets, potatoes, green peas and sweet corn kernels.
- Add the garam masala and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the green masala and tomato puree and ketchup sauté for 3- 4 minutes. Add salt.
- Now add the curds and mix well.
- Add the paneer cubes and now add the cooked rice and mix gently.
- Steam this rice for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Serve hot.
You can also use basmati rice instead of normal rice. It has its own flavor.
Serve with Cucumber tomato salad and/or Tomato saar.
Add or reduce the amount of garam masala depending upon how much spicy you want the rice to be.