It’s a typical maharashtrian breakfast when you have lot of left over chapattis. This dish tastes great only when left over chapattis are used. A little crispness that comes gives it a wonderful taste. Very easy to make and quick to prepare it’s one of the most common breakfasts in a Marathi home.
Hope you all like it.
Leftover Chapattis – 4
Onion (roughly chopped) – 1 medium sized
Raw Peanuts – 2 tablespoons
Mustard Seeds – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Asafoetida- ½ teaspoon
Oil – 2 tablespoon
Salt – to taste
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Red chili powder – 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice – ½ teaspoon
- In a mixer roughly grind the left over chapattis.
- In a thick bottomed pan heat oil. Add the mustard seeds. Once it crackles, add turmeric powder, asafoetida.
- Now add the chopped onions and the raw peanuts. Sauté on medium flame till the onion becomes transparent and the peanuts become crispy.
- Add red chili powder and immediately add the roughly grounded left over chapattis.
- Add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Mix the lemon juice and stir well on low flame for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This dish requires very less salt. Be careful while adding salt.
Chapattis could be crushed using hands. But then it takes a little bit more time.
Tastes great with curds too.