Serves – 5
Barik rava (fine semolina) - 2 cups
Ghee - ½ cup
Sugar - 1 3/4 cups
Water - 1 cup water
Elaichi powder (cardamom) - 1 tea spoon
Raisins for toppings - optional
- Roast rava on a medium flame along with the ghee in a pan till the rava turns little brown in color. Keep it aside.
- In another pan, heat the water and sugar mixture on medium flame, stirring continously till the sugar dissolves. Increase heat and bring the syrup to boil till it a reaches single thread consistency.
- Add this syrup slowly to the rava and keep stirring to avoid lump formation. Add the cardamom powder.
- Keep this mixture aside and let it cool for couple of hours. Once it is cooled it thickens.
- Make laddus of this mixture. (small round balls).
- Decorate with raisins.
Always use fine semolina for making any type of semolina laduus.