Last week I wanted to eat something different and healthy. A recipe which I had never tried to prepare. I always had stir fry in my mind, yet never prepared it. It was a perfect day to go ahead and cook. It’s quite simple and fast to cook. So I headed out and bought some awesome looking exotic veggies. Within no time I had them cut, cooked and plated : ready to eat.
It’s very healthy and I have planned to cook it every week. So go ahead and enjoy this tasty yet healthy recipe.
Broccoli – 1 cup florets, blanched
Red & yellow bell pepper and green capsicum – 1 piece each, cut into 1 inch square
Baby corn – 1 cup, sliced and blanched
Butter – 1 table spoon
Garlic – 1 table spoon, finely chopped
Italian seasoning – 1 tea spoon
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add finely chopped garlic, sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add all the veggies and give it a nice stir.
- Cover it with a lid for about 3-4 minutes and just before serving add the Italian seasoning.
- You can add zucchini, mushrooms.
- For garnishing you can you lettuce.
- Oh and did I miss mentioning, we had some too good, roasted garlic bread with it. Yummy.
Sabudana Khichadi is an authentic Maharashtrian dish savored and loved not only by marathi people but all others too. It is mainly prepared when people observe a fast. Can also be eaten as breakfast or snacks.
One of my favorites, can’t get enough of it !!
Serves – 2
Sago (Sabudana) – 2 cups
Green chilies – 4 – 5
Peanuts – ½ cup
Potato (boiled) – 1 medium
Sugar – 2 tspns
Ghee – 4 tbspns
Cumin Seeds – 2 tspns
Salt- as per taste
Lemon juice – 1 ½ tspns
Coriander leaves (finely chopped) – 1 tbspn
- Wash sabudana 2 – 3 times and soak in water just about a centimeter above the sabudana level. Let it soak for 6-7 hours.
- Sabudana should become soft and separate but not sticky.
- In a kadhai roast peanuts till the skin of the peanuts become brown and can be easily removed. Turn of the gas and let it cool. Remove the skin after cooling and grind coarsely.
- Grind the green chilies.
- Peel the boiled potato and cut it into small cubes.
- In a vessel mix sabudana, ground peanuts, salt and sugar together. Mix well.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds. Let it crackle. Add the ground chilies and boiled potato cubes. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the sabudana, ground peanuts, salt, and sugar mixture. Stir well. Sauté for 4-5 minutes till the sabudana looks transparent and has changed the color.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. After a minute turn off the gas.
- Sprinkle coriander and serve hot.
Another method of soaking the sabudana is to soak the sabudana in water just about a centimeter above the sabudana level for half an hour. Drain the excess water and leave it for 7 – 8 hours.
Never cover the sabudana khichadi while it is cooking. It becomes sticky.
You can sprinkle desiccated coconut over the khichadi.
Khichadi tastes awesome if served with curds.