Summer brings back memories from my childhood days. It was always visiting my grandparents and later visiting my native place Dapoli in Konkan. We used to indulge ourselves in mangoes, jackfruits, cashew nuts (not the dried ones), karvanda, and lot of idle time lazing around. There are times I remember when we made ice-creams at home. It used to be like a big event. Everybody would be excited, especially me and my brother. But what I never liked was the preparation time and the patience that were needed till it sets. I still dislike that part. ;-), but can’t help, cos who doesn’t like the end result.
I wanted to enjoy homemade ice-creams without the fuss and time consuming preparation. I remember the terms like GMS, CMS powders and then homemade cream and loads of other things…Phew. I was looking for some easy and quick ice-cream recipe. I stumbled upon this watermelon sorbet recipe while I was watching some video on youtube and after it finished, came the usual suggested videos. Thanks to Nestle Milkmaid I made this watermelon sorbet, which for me is a perfect cooler on a hot summer day.
- Water melon juice (without sugar) – 4 cups
- Sweetened Condensed Milk (Nestle Milkmaid) – 150 ml
• Mix the water melon juice and the sweetened condensed milk (Nestle Milkmaid) together in a mixer for 5 mins.
• Transfer it to an air-tight container and freeze it for at least 10 hours.
• Serve once set.
• Adjust the quantity of condensed milk as per your taste.
• You can either set the sorbet in an air-tight container or in an ice-cube tray.