Who doesn’t love corn ! it could be corn rice, in a pizza, sweet corn soup or simply a “bhutta”, well it’s irresistible. I haven’t met a person who doesn’t like bhutta. Specially when it’s raining.WOW, bhutta and a mix of salt and chili powder spread over it and a dash of lemon to get it going. Whoohoo . Another favorite of mine is this recipe. I call it Lemon corn salad. Well it’s a real quickie, tangy and very healthy too. It’s that perfect 4 pm food. Very easy to prepare and super tasty too.
It’s been raining in Pune for a few days. And I had got a couple of raw corn on the cobs stacked up. Rains, stacked corn & cool weather a perfect combination to get this recipe going. Well, who said healthy food ain’t tasty. Every mall or theater has a counter which sells this. But Why wait for a movie, go ahead and give it a try. Am sure you’ll like it.
Sweet Corn Kernels – 1 cup
Chaat Masala – ¾ teaspoon
Lemon – 1 small wedge
Black pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
Fresh coriander leaves- a few springs
Water (to boil) – 2 cups
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan. Turn off the gas and then add 1 cup sweet corn kernels to it and cover the pan . Let it soak for 5-8 mins.
- Drain the water and transfer the boiled corn in a bowl.
- Add the chaat masala, black pepper powder to it.
- Squeeze the wedge of lemon and add finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
Lemon Corn Salad is ready to eat
- You may use fresh, canned or frozen sweet corn. I’ve used fresh.
- Add salt to taste if you need. I haven’t added any to keep my salt intake in check. (Perhaps you won’t miss it since chaat masala is quite sufficient).
- If you want you can add a dash of butter for a rich taste. Again I have given it a miss. (Healthy fooooood people, healthy food )