The red, yummy, and desirable fruit —————– Strawberry. I cant get enough of it!! There are so many delicious and lovely recipes you can make with this. In India, the general season for fresh strawberries is the winter season. How could I be left behind from making a lovely dish out of this fruit? I had plans to do a lot of things but specially today evening I had to do something nice. So I decided to make these delectable goodies. These turned out excellent. The flavor of strawberry gave the cookie a terrific taste, which I am cherishing while I write this post.
So enjoy and give this a try this winter!!
Wheat Flour – 1 ¼ cup
Baking Powder- 1 teaspoon
Salt- ½ teaspoon
Strawberries (chopped and mashed) – 1 cup
Brown Sugar- 6 tablespoon
White Sugar- 3 tablespoon
Unsalted butter (softened) -100 gms
Milk – ¼ cup
- Sieve together the flour, salt and baking powder 2-3 times. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl mix together the butter, brown sugar, white sugar and with a hand mixer until soft and creamy. Beat till the sugar is properly dissolved.
- Add the flour mixture and milk gradually till it forms a batter and take care no lumps are formed.
- Add the mashed strawberries in to the batter and mix well with a spatula.
- Pre-heat oven to 180° Centigrade.
- On a non greased cookie sheet or an oven tray evenly place small amount of this mixture with the help of a spoon. Press gently so it forms a cookie shape. Take care that enough space is left between each cookie.
- Place the tray in the middle and set the oven on both coils. Bake the cookies on 180 degrees Centigrade for 10-15 minutes or till the cookies become golden in color.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Let the cookies remain on the tray for 5 minutes. Later transfer them on a wired rack for cooling.
I have used wheat flour instead of refined flour/ maida. You may use maida also.
For baking any dish please follow the correct weights and measurements with measuring cups.
Using a wooden spatula will always help.
You may increase the quantity of milk until a dropping consistency.