Pasta originated in Italy. There are approximately 3,500 various shapes in which pasta is available (I wish I get all of them ;)). In Italy, their food course generally begins with a filling dish called Primo which mainly consists of Pasta which is rich in carbohydrates.
Enjoy this one meal dish and have a happy weekend !!
Serves – 2 – 3
Fusilli – 200 gms
Tomato puree – 1 cup
Tomato ketchup – 1 cup
Onion (diced) – 2 medium size
Capsicum (sliced) – 1 large
Butter – 2 tbspns
Garlic (finely chopped) – 3 cloves
Oregano – 2 tbspns
Chili flakes – 3 tbspns
Oil – 2 tspns
Grated cheese – for garnishing
Salt – as per taste
- Cook fusilli in 8 cups of boiling water. Add a little salt. The fusilli should not be over cooked.
- After the fusilli is cooked, drain the excess water and run it under cold water. Pour oil over the fusilli, mix well. Keep it aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat the butter. Add garlic and onion and sauté till onion becomes transparent.
- Add the capsicum, tomato puree, ketchup, salt and cook for 3-4 minutes with lid on.
- Add oregano, chili flakes and sauté for 2 minutes. Add fusilli and toss gently.
- Cook for another minute.
- Serve hot with grated cheese.
You can also add corn kernels, olives and mushrooms to fusilli for extra taste.
Always pour oil over fusilli after running it under cold water so that it does not become sticky.