Veggie Disk toast is another type of sandwich which will be loved by everyone. It’s a great choice for the 5 pm hunger.
Enjoy this great combination of cheese and other veggies.
Serves – 2
Brown Bread slices – 6
Onion (finely chopped) – 1 small sized
Green Capsicum (finely chopped) – ½ cup
Iceberg Lettuce – 6- 7 leaves
Cheese (grated) – 50 gms
Tomato (finely chopped) – ½ cup
Butter – 3 teaspoons
Red chili powder – ½ teaspoon.
Salt- to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Cut the bread slices in round disk shapes using a cutter. Butter these disks.
- In a pan heat the remaining butter, lightly sauté chopped onion, tomato and capsicum along with the salt for 3- 4 minutes.
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl and mix all the other ingredients except the bread and lettuce.
- Place a lettuce leaf over the bread disk and spread the cheese mixture evenly over it.
- Place the prepared slices onto the wire grill tray on the centre rack position.
- Toast for 5 minutes or till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
You can also use different colored capsicum for a better and desirable look.
There is no limit for the variety of toppings you add to this.
Try using different types of breads.